Statement of Purpose
This Statement of Purpose has been revised to take account of the expectations of the National Minimum Standards and Statutory Guidance issued in April 2011.
As demanded by the standards, this Statement of Purpose sets out ABC Fostering’s Aims and Objectives, the services and facilities it provides and how the service sets about monitoring the outcomes for the children we serve.
In keeping with the expectation of the National Minimum Standard 16.1 this Statement of Purpose is made available to the following:
- Foster carers approved by ABC Fostering Services;
- Staff members of ABC Fostering Services;
- Any social worker of a child placed with ABC Fostering Services;
- A parent or person with parental responsibility of any child placed with ABC Fostering Services.
A shortened version is also made available to foster children, along with a children’s guide.
- How ABC Fostering Services ensures the Secure Base model is a part of all that we do
- Quality Assurance and Measuring Outcomes
- The Aims of ABC Fostering Services – a child-focussed service
- The Objectives of ABC Fostering Services
- The Services provided by ABC Fostering Services
A note on the character and distribution of this Statement of Purpose
Please note that this Statement of Purpose has been drafted to take account of the new expectations of the National Minimum Standards, Statutory Guidance and Regulations for Fostering Services issued in April 2011. As set out in Standard 16.2 this Statement of Purpose is child-focussed, setting out how the aims and objectives of the service will meet outcomes for children. It sets out the principles underpinning the service. It explicitly does not set out details of the processes, procedures and structural information demanded by the superseded 2002 standards, all of which are available upon request.
As demanded by Standard 16.1 this Statement of Purpose is made available to foster carers, staff and children. A version of this Statement of Purpose is incorporated into the children’s guide.
As demanded by Regulation 3(2) of The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011, this Statement of Purpose is made available to the parents of foster children and prospective foster carers.